|On-campus Class||September – May||5 days a month|
|Online||Year-round Weekly lessons||8 months|
50 hours of “Hands-on” Lab required for WA State On-line Students
Admission Procedures and Requirements:
- Students must possess a High School Diploma, a General Education Development (GED) Diploma, “Ability to benefit” or standard test; standards (see WAC 490-105-140)
- Students must be 18 years of age or older and physically able to perform animal (equine) massage
- Students must speak English
- Submit written school application form
- Attend admission interview
- Pay $100.00 application fee
- Submit 2 third-party personal letters of recommendation
- If tuition is not paid in full at beginning of course, student must show proof of ability to pay, according to the agreed upon tuition contract.
- Submit a statement of professional goals
- Upon acceptance into the on-campus program student must pay $500.00 class deposit (reserves their place in the program – these funds will be applied towards tuition/books once class has started)
- The school must provide the student a copy of the signed enrollment agreement.
Important note: In order to accommodate students with diverse, educational, professional backgrounds and equine experience, students may be subject to required tutorials at the teacher’s discretion. Students must be comfortable working around horses; prior equine experience is recommended but not necessary.
Class Size: The maximum class size is ten. Student/teacher ratio is 10 to 1.